Methi Mutter Malai
Methi Mutter Malai is a very flavourful and rich in texture North Indian recipe . It has a creamy texture and delicious taste.It’s a heavy dish as it contains cream, butter and cashew nuts and it will surely satisfies our taste buds. So once in a while we can treat ourselves with this rich creamy delight.
You can have this with any Indian bread like Paratha, Naan, Roti or Chapati.It’s a little thick gravy made with Onion, cashew nuts and curd with some fresh Methi (fenugreek )leaves and green pea’s along with Indian spices and cream. Here i am using dry peas which i have soaked in water overnight and boiled but i will recommend you to use fresh green pea’s if available.
If you or your kid’s don’t like to eat methi because of it’s little bitter taste then this is the perfect way to coverup the bitter taste. Do try this recipe and I am sure you will love it.
Let’s start with ingredients :
- Fresh Methi (Fenugreek Leaves) -1 Cup
- Green Pea’s – 1/2 Cup
- Curd -1/2 Cup
- Cream -1/2 Cup
- Butter – 2 Tbsp
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Cashew – 18 -20 No. or handful
- Onion -3 Medium Size
- Garlic – 4-5 Cloves
- Ginger -1 inch
- Bayleaf -1
- Cinnamon – 1 small stick
- Black Cardamom – 1
- Green Cardamom – 4-5
- Black Pepper – 1 Tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 Tsp
- Cumin Powder -1 Tsp
- Coriander Powder -2 Tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 Tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Kasuri Methi – 1 Tsp
Let’s Move on to Procedure :
Lets Start with Gravy
- In a Pan Add 2 Cups of Water.
- Add 1 Black Cardamom ,1 Inch of Ginger and 5-6 cloves of garlic
- Add 3 roughly chopped onion and cashew and boil upto 15 to 20 minute (until the onion and cashew get’s soft) or pressure cook it and take one whistle.
- Once the Onion and Cashew has been cooked properly remove it from gas and strain the mixture to remove the excessive water.
- Take off the Black Cardamom and transfer the remaining ingredients into chutney jar
- Add 1/2 cup curd into this and make a smooth paste out of this.
- Heat the Pan.
- Add 2 tbsp Oil.
- Add 4-5 green cardamom.
- Add 1 Tsp Cumin seeds.
- Add 1 small stick Cinnamon.
- Add Bayleaf and saute a little.
- Add the paste of Onion,Cashew and Curd which we have made earlier and stir for some time on low flame.
- Add all the spices like turmeric powder ,red chilli powder , cumin powder and coriander powder
- Add 1 Tbsp Butter
- Add salt for taste and little water and mix all ingredients well
- Cook this curry for minimum 15 minute so that taste of all ingredients incorporates well into curry
- Heat other kadhai and add 1 Tbsp Butter
- Add 1 cup chopped methi(fenugreek) in butter and saute a little.
- Add 1/2 cup boiled green peas and mix well.
- Into methi and mutter mixture add Curry which we have prepared already.
- Mix everything together and cook for another 5 minute .Adjust the consistency by adding little water if gravy is too thick.
- Add 1/2 cup cream and mix well
- Once the cream has been added switch off the flame immediately.
- At last add some kasuri methi and mix it.
Serve hot with any Indian bread of your choice like Naan , Roti , Paratha or Chapati.
If you like the recipe do share with your family and friends.
Also share your comments and feedback and follow my blog . Happy Eating.
For Your Information
Tbsp =Table spoon
Tsp= Tea spoon.