Lemon Rice is a most popular dish in South India . It is made with cooked rice (or even from left over rice) by adding some spices, lentils like chana daal ,urad daal ,pea nuts ,cashew nuts and lemon juice. It is a one pot meal with little spicy and tangy taste because of lemon or we can have it with curd, raita or chutney as per your choice . It is very simple and quick recipe.
Lets have a look at the ingredients :
Let’s start the process
Take 1 cup of any rice of your choice, wash it properly at least for 2-3 times. Cook it properly by adding some salt and little oil to avoid the stickiness . Make sure rice should have grains separated and not sticky .
- Heat the pan.
- Add 2 Tbsp of oil and once the oil get’s hot.
- Add 1 Tbsp of peanuts and fry a little.
- Add cashew nuts and fry till it gets little golden brown colour.
- Take off from the pan.
- In same oil add 2 Tbsp of chana daal and saute till little colour changes to golden brown.
- Add urad daal saute a little.
- Add mustard seeds , cumin seeds , dried red chillies (or you can add green chillies instead of red chilli) , asafoetida (hing) ,curry leaves, garlic and ginger and saute a little .
- Add onion and saute .
- Add turmeric powder and saute till onion get soften and translucent.
- Add cooked rice and mix well.
- Add 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice and mix.
- At last add peanuts and cashew nuts which we have fried already and mix.
Lemon rice is ready to serve.
Our quick and simple Lemon Rice is ready . Serve while its hot with papad ,chutney ,achar or have as it is . It tastes yum without any side dish too.
If you like the recipe please leave your comments, share your like and follow my blog.
You can watch whole process of making lemon rice here