Aamras is a famous sweet dish or dessert during summer days in Maharashtra and Gujarat. It is made with the ripe mango pulp , some sugar, cardamom and nutmeg powder. These are basic ingredients but you can also add some ghee(clarified butter) and milk for the richness. Traditionally the mango pulp is squeezed by hand but now a days you can use a grinder as well.
Aamras is served with the pooris or chapati (Indian bread).
This is very easy and quick recipe with great satisfaction. It tastes better when it is chilled. Poori and aamras is very popular combination and have become synonymous with each other. So the dish is called Aamras-Poori.
Here I am making Aamras in mixer-grinder .easy and quick.
Let’s see the Ingredients:
- Mangoes : 3 (Medium Size).
- Cardamom and Nutmeg Powder : 1Tsp.
- Powdered Sugar : 2 Tbsp or( As per sweetness of mangoes)
Let’s start the process:
- Peel the mangoes and take off the skin.
- Cut the mangoes in small cubes.
- Add into mixi jar.
- Add 2 Tbsp of powdered sugar into diced mangoes.
- Add 1 Tsp of cardamom and nutmeg powder.
- Grind it in a very fine paste.
- After grinding the mixture will be thick so add 1/2 glass of water to make it little runny.
- Instead of water you can add milk as well ,it will make aamras more rich in taste.
- Grind it the mixture again and transfer into a bowl.
- Refrigerate Aamras at least for 1/2 an hour before serving.
- Chilled aamras tastes better.
- Before serving Add 1 Tbsp of ghee (clarified butter) into it and mix well.
- Aamras is ready !!! Decorate with some nuts.
Serve chilled Aamras with hot pooris or chapati ..enjoy !!!!! Happy Summer !!!!
If you like my recipe please like, share and follow my blog !!!!!! Thanks for reading …
For the video recipe please see below: