Peda is milky and creamy ball shaped sweet, very popular across India. This is a sweet dessert made with khoa and sugar. It also come in various flavours. Its a sweet used to celebrate all the functions and festivals in India.
Traditionally peda is made by boiling the milk on low flame until the milk gets thicken and transforms in a semi solid soft dough which is called khoa, This is very time taking process. Alternatively we can make peda instantly like this recipe which is I am sharing here.
Ingredients for Peda:
- Milk Powder : 1 Cup
- Mango Pulp : 3/4 Cup
- Sugar : 2-3 Tbsp (depending upon the sweetness of mangoes)
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) : 2 Tsp
- Cardamom Powder : 1/4 Tsp
- Saffron Strands : 4-5 (Soak into 1 Tbsp of milk as shown in image above)
Let’s start the process :
- Heat the pan on low flame.
- Add 2 Tsp of ghee (clarified butter) in it.
- Add 2 Tbsp of saffron soaked milk.
- Add 3/4 cup mango pulp.
- Mix everything together.
- Cook this mixture for a minute on low to medium flame.
- Keep stirring while cooking the mixture.
- After a minute gradually add 1 cup of milk powder in mango mixture and mix well.
- Stir continuously on low flame so that milk powder mix properly and no lumps are formed.
- Once the milk powder mixed properly into the mango pulp then add 2 Tbsp of sugar .You can adjust the sugar quantity according to sweetness of mangoes.
- Add 1/4 Tsp of cardamom powder.
- Mix well and stir continuously on low to medium flame at least for 5 to 7 min.
- After 5 min. mixture will start getting thicker and holding shape. It will start separating from pan. The peda mixture is ready now.
- Immediately switch off the flame or otherwise peda will become hard.
- Transfer the mixture into a plate.
- Cover with lid or damp cloth so that outer surface of mixture won’t become hard.
- Cool down the mixture for 5 min.
- After 5 min. we will start making the pedas with hand.
- First apply 1-2 drops of ghee on your palm and rub it so that mixture won’t be sticking to your hand while rolling the peda’s.
- Take ball size portion of peda mixture and roll evenly.
- Softly press with the thumb in centre of peda and make little flat.
- Decorate with some chopped pistachios.
- Like this make all the peda’s.
Our delicious Peda is ready. Make the peda’s on any special occasion or function and enjoy with family and friends.
Do try the recipe and let me know in the comment below. If you like the recipe please like , share and follow my blog.
Thanks for reading !!!!!
For detailed video recipe please check my youtube video here. Follow my youtube channel for more such recipes.